3/20/09

Back...and some notes

Hey all, I just got back to the states from Guatemala. I'm traveling now, but I'll be getting some posts in when I can.





It's nice to know that tickets at the New Cathedral are real affordable. You'll never have to pay more than $2,625 for a seat....



Everyone's favorite failure, Kei Igawa, is having a pretty strong spring training. As of today, he's got a 0.00 ERA through 9.2 innings, with 9 K's and 4 BB's. You have to wonder if he might actually be in the Bronx this year, or if he'll be traded...



Andruw Jones will decide whether or not to opt out of his contract next week. I don't see him coming to the Bronx, not with the spring Gardner's had.



Joba's hearing got pushed back another time. He'll be solving world hunger, curing AIDS, and solving the Palestine-Israel conflict, so he has to push the DUI hearing back.



Tex hit his 1st homer as a Yank. Remember that he always starts slow, so don't be upset if he doesn't hit many more until May or June.



Andy Pettitte has been helping Jorge Posada work on his arm strength. They've worked together for a long time, so Andy knows how Jorge should look behind the plate. They played with Trenton against Scranton, and both looked good.



The Melkman hasn't given up on winning the starting CF spot. I've always been a Melky fan (I hung my "Got Melky?" shirt on my wall in mourning when he was sent down to Triple A last year). However, I love Gardner's hustle and speed, and will to win. Whoever wins, Yankee fans should be happy.



Joba is a starter, don't question that. BUT, if Mariano were to get injured, he would move to the closer's role. But Mo isn't going to get injured. He'll be fine all year. Personally, I would just move Bruney, or Marte, or perhaps even future closer Melancon to the spot, because I think Joba needs consistent time in the rotation. But, I guess we have enough back-ups (Hughes, Kennedy, Aceves) to fill in the starter's role if Joba had to close.

No comments: