3/8/09

A-Rod to have Surgery

A-Rod will have the surgery on his hip. Bob Dutton writes that the Yanks could be interested in Mark Teahen. Peter Abraham says that right now Cody Ransom is the only option for third base. I say we sign Ray Durham or Mark Grudzielanek. If there was any chance that Swisher or Nady could play third, I would be up for that too. If we are going to make a trade, we have to remember that A-Rod will be back in May, so we need someone that can move around and become a reliable backup. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I want Chone Figgins. It won't happen most likely, but I sure wish it would. The Angels need power, so a Nady/Figgins trade would let them put Brandon Wood play third and then have Nady play first. Nady isn't a first baseman by trade, so Swisher would make more sense for the Angels, but the Yanks would probably prefer to keep Swish.

No comments: