3/5/09

A-Rod could be out for 10 weeks.

Alex Rodriguez is going to have surgery on Monday to remove a cyst from his hip. He could be out 10 weeks, as a best case scenario. Remember how all off-season I said we needed a better backup infielder. Well, I bet the team regrets not pursuing one now. We could possibly try to make a trade. Peter Gammons suggests trading for Garrett Atkins or Chad Tracy. As Peter Gammons said, 10 weeks is a long time, and we need someone better than Cody Ransom or Angel Berroa manning third. I wonder if Ray Durham would play 3rd base if we signed him, same with Mark Grudzielanek. I could also see names like Jack Wilson, Chone Figgins, Troy Glaus, and David Eckstein being mentioned as trade candidates, as they are all free agents after the season. Gammons suggested that the Yanks would have to give up some good young starting pitching for someone like Atkins, perhaps Hughes or Brackman, which I can't see Cashman doing. There's a chance we see Xavier Nady or Nick Swisher trying to man third base, or we could see one of those two traded for a third baseman. I hate injuries.

No comments: