4/23/09

My Team

And here is my team.
Kevin and I have been discussing A LOT who's team is better. Instead of commenting on his team alone, lets see some comments on why one team is better than the other?

C- John Baker (Ryan Doumit- DL)
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Chase Utley
SS- Derek Jeter
3B- Aramis Ramirez
LF- Ryan Braun
CF- Grady Sizemore
RF- Matt Kemp
DH- Jack Cust
UTIL- Jason Bay

SP- Roy Halladay
SP- Zack Greinke
SP- Yovani Gallardo
SP- James Shields
SP- Cole Hamels

RP- Jonathan Broxton
RP- Matt Capps
RP- Heath Bell
RP- Kevin Gregg
RP- Dan Wheeler

Bench-
SP- Justin Verlander
RF- Randy Winn
LF- Raul Ibanez
SS- Ryan Theriot

DL- 
RP- Joey Devine
C- Ryan Doumit

Here are the trades that I have made...

Send- Alexei Ramirez, Jered Weaver
Recieve- Cole Hamels
I felt this trade had some HUGE upside and I had NO use for Ramirez

Send- Adam Dunn
Recieve- Matt Kemp, Kevin Gregg

Send- Daisuke Matsuzaka
Recieve- Derek Jeter
I made this deal the DAY before Dice-K went on the DL

Send- Mark Buehrle, Johnny Cueto
Recieve- Jason Bay, Raul Ibanez

Send- Hunter Pence
Recieve- Joey Devine, Daisuke

Send- Travis Hafner, Ichiro, George Sherrill
Recieve- Randy Winn, James Shields

Send- Furcal, Kemp, Maybin, Lindstrom
Recieve- Theriot Sizemore, Suzuki, Ramirez, Pence

I'm sorry I just realized I did those in reverse order. You get the picture...

I have taken a very different approach. I have made some big trades, but I don't think any of them were huge gambles. I'm definitely taking a more conservative approach and trying to stick with my team instead of constantly playing the FA wire.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks, great post

Michele said...

Great blog, I enjoyed reading it