4/6/09

Opening Day/ Updates

I've been waiting for this day for the last 5 months. Opening Day is here, and I am beyond excited. The Yankees, as you all know, missed the playoffs last season for the first time in 13 years, and they certainly went out and did something about it during the offseason. The most notable moves were the acquisitions of Nick Swisher (Trade), CC Sabathia, AJ Burnett, and Mark Teixeira. I remember at the beginning of the offseason commenting on how insane it would be for Cashman to go out and get the "big three" free-agents (Tex, Burnett, and Sabathia). To this day, I am still shocked that he was able to do that. These acquisitions filled some major holes, mainly the weak starting rotation and the lack of a regular 1B. 

In no particular order, here are a few things that I am excited about for upcoming season (8 MIN!):

1. Seeing how Teixeira, Burnett, and Sabathia will adjust to the big NY stage. 
2. The unbelievable AL East. It should be quite a race. 
3. The hopeful emergence of Brett Gardner.
4. Fantasy Baseball- I'm participating in 2 leagues. First, I am playing in the "Battle of Baby Joba League", the league created by and for this site. I wasn't able to draft by myself, but I had a friend do it, and my team is pretty beastly, if I do say so myself. I'm also playing in another blogger leauge, which should be a good time. This is only my second fantasy year, so I'm excited to see how I do.
5. Hopefully seeing the Yankees return to October Baseball- I'm not going to lie, I felt a little empty last October. Its just not the same without the Yankees. With the revamped rotation, I can see a playoff appearance very possible. 

It's 4:03 and the game should start in 2 min. I'm so pumped.
Before I go, I just wanted to say that we are going to extend the contest by a few days, we just want to make sure that everybody that wants to enter have the opportunity to. Please get your entries in if you haven't done so already.

They are doing player introductions in Baltimore. LETS GO YANKEES.

No comments: