12/21/08

Ricky Bobby Quotes

We all know that the title of this blog, 6 Pound 8 Ounce Baby Joba, is derived from a quote in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. If you didn't know that...well it is. You can check out our side description on how the blog was started for more on that. I thought that it might be fun to use a couple of Ricky Bobby quotes that are fitting for certain Yankees and Yankee moments of past and present. If you haven't seen the movie, then buy it on itunes, or go to Blockbuster, or buy it at the store, or whatever you have to do to get it. Then watch it. Then read this post. Even if you aren't going to finish the post, watch the movie. It is the best...EVER!

Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera: SHAKE and BAKE!

Carl Pavano: Hey, look...I thought about it. So why don't you go ahead and break my arm?

Brett Gardner: I wanna go fast.

Derek Jeter: Hey! It's me, America!

Brian Cashman to Carl Pavano: I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you.

Rickey Henderson: ...It's the fastest who gets paid, and it's the fastest who gets laid!

CC Sabathia to AJ Burnett: But maybe, just maybe. You might challenge me. The Beatles needed the Rolling Stones. Even Diane Sawyer needed Katie Couric. Will you be my Katie Couric?

David Wells (if asked how he pitched his perfect game): I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew! (In this case Mountain Dew is actually alcohol though...)
"One of you turds is about to get smacked in the mouth."


"Old Man, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

Alex Rodriguez WOULD say this, but Mariano Rivera SHOULD say this: Here's the deal. I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Roger Clemens, if asked why his fastball is so good: America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.

Aaron Boone after his 03 ALCS Game 7 homerun: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That JUST happened!

George Steinbrenner: If you ain't first, you're last.